Charity plays a large role in Masonry. Although the Shriners are mostly known for their charity through the Shriners Hospitals for Children, other Masonic organisations as well as Freemasons in general engage is charity and community activities.
Jerusalem Lodge supports a large number of charitable events and activities. With our events and donations we hope to make a difference and improve other people’s lives in meaningful ways.
We host or support the following charitable events within Bowmanville’s community:
- Organize blood drives
- Run a child identification program (MasoniCh.I.P)
- Sponsor the Terry Fox Run
- Support Feed The Need Durham
- Sponsor support guide dog training
- Sponsor kids’ sports teams throughout the region
With the help of the Grand Lodge of Ontario, the masons from Jerusalem Lodge also help to:
- Provide bursaries to Ontario College and University students who need financial help
- Donate to the Charles H. Best Diabetic Centre for Children and Youth
- Assist hearing-impaired children
- Support deafness research and autism services
- Funds alcohol and drug education programs
- Raise money for prostate cancer awareness